- What are Little Girls Made Of?
- What are little girls made of, made of?
What are little girls made of?
Sugar and spice, and everything nice,
That's what little girls are made of.
What are little boys made of, made of?
What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails, and puppy dog tails,
That's what little boys are made of.
Guess which I'm having? A month ago, when we had the ultrasound that was supposed to let us know, baby was feeling shy and uncooperative, and no amount of poking and prodding would get it to turn over and show us what we wanted to see. Today, though, the Doctor got a good view and says that he's 90% sure it'll be a girl (the other 10% being due to the general disclaimers about ultrasound images are fuzzy, and some kids develop differently, etc, so he's as sure as anybody can get reading an ultrasound). So we're having a baby girl!! Yay!! This'll be the first girl grandchild for my mom since my brothers all seem to favor making boys.
I'm very excited. I've had the feeling all along that it would be a girl, and it's nice not to have to rearrange my thinking. I also recently brought home all my old toys (to get them out of Mom's way), and most of them are girl-centric. finally, girls are just so much fun to dress with in ruffles and lace and twirly dresses, etc. I recently took Peter shopping for clothes, and he just doesn't care enough to make it any fun at all.
I'd probably better talk about the poem, too. Let's see...well, as much as people would like to pretend that there are no gender differences, little girls and little boys really are different. I was babysitting a 2 year old boy the other day, and all he wanted to do was climb up on things, jump off them, kick balls, etc. At one point, we went out in the back yard where he found a stick and a rock, and was happy sitting and knocking them against each other. I left feeling amazed at how very obviously BOY-ish he was.
But I'm having a girl!! Yay!! Hooray!!